Girl Rising wrote -
Girl Rising uses storytelling to inspire actions that get girls into classrooms worldwide.
Right now is a critical moment in the movement to educate girls, and the perfect time to support the next phase of our campaign.
We’re launching an ambitious pilot program to bring Girl Rising to places the message is needed most. First up, India! We have seed money to release adapted local language versions of the Girl Rising film and exciting new related content in theaters, on TV, radio, mobile devices and in classrooms.
$50,000 now will help finance this next, critical, phase, which includes:
- Translation of the award-winning Girl Rising feature film into regional dialects recorded by Indian stars.
- Creation of local language toolkits, filled with materials our nonprofit partners can use to create awareness and drive lasting change family by family, community by community.
- Adaption of the Girl Rising curriculum for Indian classrooms and after-school programs.
- Construction of a Girl Rising India interactive website housing the film, downloadable tools and impact forms.
- Workshops with policy leaders to encourage dialogue and to move girls’ education onto political agendas at every level.
Here's the hard truth. Despite the fact that educating girls is one of the highest return investments in the developing world, a staggering number just aren't making it. Right now, there are 65 million girls out of school and many more who struggle every day to simply remain where they belong–in a classroom.
An estimated 11% primary school age Indian girls are missing from schools. The number jumps to 23% by lower secondary school. Yet if India enrolled 1% more girls in secondary school, its GDP would rise by billions.
Girl Rising has made tremendous progress since our launch in 2012. We’re helping a greater number of girls around the world get to school every day, but we need to reach more people–lots more!
We know we need to change the way girls are valued around the world; and we know how to do it–through compelling storytelling, grassroots engagement and the power of strategic partnerships. What we need is the passion and generosity of individuals like you.
Any donation, no matter how small, will help us spread the message and equip supporters with information and encouragement to make change in their communities.
Please join us! You’ll be on the right side of history and that’s a really nice place to be.
Katahdin Productions is the proud 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor for Girl Rising.